Dogs are required to be under control on leashes at all times unless they are in the on-post dog park. All waste needs to be picked up by owners as well. For more information about pets on Carlisle Barracks see CBks Regulation No. 40-1.
Carlisle Barracks offers its community the beauty and charm of a college campus with a history that dates back to 1757. The post features many conveniences of a larger military installation. Services include a dog park located on Liggett Rd., a chapel and retail area housing a Commissary, Exchange, Class VI, dry cleaners and more.
The youth area is anchored by the Delaney Clubhouse on one end and the McConnell Youth Center on the other with the Moore Child Development Center and youth sports field in the middle.
There is a medical and dental 'corner' and campus-wide fitness opportunities with recreational venues scattered throughout the post. They include a bowling alley, golf course, movie theater, and the Letort View Community Center with its Pershing Tavern, Tiki Bar, dance classes and more.
Key post policies you should know include:
- Dogs are required to be under control on leashes at all times unless they are in the on-post dog park. All waste needs to be picked up by owners as well. See CBks Regulation No. 40-1 for more information.
- The speed limit is 15 miles per hour.
- Fishing on the post is permitted. Persons 16 years of age and over are required to possess a valid Pennsylvania fishing license and a trout stamp, if you are fishing in Letort Creek. Military personnel become eligible to purchase a resident hunting or fishing license after 60 days residence in Pennsylvania.
- Boats and trailers are not to be parked near quarters or in vehicle parking areas for more than 48 hours. Refer to the BBC Resident Guide for more information. See MWR for storage area usage/availability.
- The use of fireworks on the installation is prohibited.
- Due to liability and safety issues, swimming pools and trampolines are NOT permitted in family housing. All basketball hoops and other recreational items must be removed from the street and sidewalks when not in use.
- For safety purposes, no swimming or wading is allowed in streams.
For more online updates and information about Carlisle Barracks' services: